Although we shouldn’t judge a book by its cover, it’s no secret that brands rely heavily on packaging to attract customers and communicate the value of their products. Therefore, packaging strategy is a crucial part of any successful marketing plan for these types of brands. It ensures that products are presented in the most appealing way to potential customers while also addressing their practical needs.
To help you define an effective packaging strategy, UKPACK PACKAGING will cover the main factors you need to consider, from the design of the packaging to the choice of materials and sustainability concerns:
1) Define your brand’s identity and values: The first step in creating a strategy for your beauty or skincare brand’s packaging, is to define your identity and values. This involves understanding your target audience, the unique selling proposition of your products, and what makes your brand stand out from the competition. To do this, ask yourself the following questions:
Once you have a clear understanding of these factors, you can begin to develop a strategy that aligns with your brand’s identity and values.
2) Choose the right packaging materials: Choosing the correct materials for packaging is an important consideration for any beauty or skincare brand. Not only does it need to be visually appealing, but it should also be practical, protecting the product inside from damage, and preserving its quality over time. When selecting packaging materials, there are several factors to consider:
For instance, for skincare products, glass and high-quality plastics are popular choices as they offer superior protection and can be recycled. Paper and cardboard are also used, but they may not offer the same level of protection for the product. However, these materials are often more sustainable and can be more cost-effective.
3) Create a visually appealing design: The design of your packaging is critical to attracting customers and making your product stand out on the shelf. A visually appealing design can communicate the value of your product and generate interest from potential customers. Consider the following factors:
4) Include product information: Including the product information on your packaging is essential for customers to understand the benefits and features of your product, which can also help customers make an informed purchasing decision. When including product information, make sure to consider including the following:
In this respect, we have to add one more thing: in addition to the bottles and jars we offer, we also have cartons that can be customised for you as well. This is truly a one-stop shop. What do you think?
5) Consider sustainability: Sustainability is an increasingly important consideration for brands across the board. This is partly because consumers are becoming more conscious of the environmental impact of their purchases and are more likely to choose products from brands that prioritize sustainability. As a result, you might want to take the following points into consideration:
6) Test: Once you have developed your packaging strategy, it is important to test it before launching it to the market. Doing so can help you identify any potential issues with the packaging and make any necessary changes before it is too late. Here are some of the ways you can test your packaging:
Creating a packaging strategy before launching into choosing your packaging is vital. By following the above steps, you can develop a strategy that will help your brand stand out and succeed in the competitive beauty and skincare industry.
To discuss your unique packaging needs, don’t hesitate to contact us to speak to one of our packaging specialists.
M: +86 138 6719 1426